Monday, May 17, 2010

Cool lighting




One of the hardest things to find, in my view, is really cool lighting. While my first love will always be the Pendant Light by Jean Prouve, the patron saint of design, I really like this cool Pedrera lighting series by Gubi. I think it might have something to do with the perforated metal, which is timeless, or the way light goes through these Pedrera master pieces.

It is really hard to measure up to Prouve's work, but Pedrera by the Spanish designer Barba Corsini is really close! I'm not sure where or how to buy these cool lights, but try Gubi's site on the world wide web. They have an office in Copenhagen.

http://www.gubi.dk/

2 comments:

  1. I just thought I'd give you the link to this really cool guy I know. His style he says come from Patrick Bateman, and when he asks for white he wants it "so white it's perverted" lol!

    Check out his flat here: http://www.styleroom.se/users/Richard_L

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    Thanks for your comment. The link to your friend's place is cool! He has very fun taste. I like!

    Patrick Bateman had very 1980s taste, no? I'll have to watch American Psycho again!

    Cheers!

    Cheese Lovers International
    Editor

    ReplyDelete