Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Frederik Roijé - a cool Dutch dude






I seriously wish I could go back in time and study furniture design at the Design Academy Eindhoven in the Netherlands!! Alas, time machines have yet been invented. But I have an idea: When they finally are invented and become affordable enough for regular people, I will transport myself back in time to around 1997 or so and convince my past self to attend the Design Academy, then I will return to 2011. Brilliant!

I digress -- what I really wanted to talk about was Frederik Roijé and his "Slow Sofa" which is made in the Netherlands. Made out of fabric, foam, metal and plywood, the sofa was designed to accommodate a sofa that evolves with whatever configuration you would like, since the parts are modular. I quite like it. I wish they made it in leather, but oh well!

http://www.roije.com/#/products

No comments:

Post a Comment